Saturday, August 21, 2010

Caster oil? thinking about doing it today..good idea or bad?

couple people told me they have done it...anyone have any personal exsperiences about how long it took after you took it, or if it was a bad idea. thanks so much, and goodluck to allCaster oil? thinking about doing it today..good idea or bad?
My sister had a little boy 11 weeks ago. She was only 38 weeks gone but took castor oilo as she had had enough and been in and out with contractions for weeks. She took it on the friday night by saturday lunchtime she brought him home. My other sister has also used castor oil before but she didn't make it to the hospital and he was born in the loo!! I don't see a huge danger if you are over 38 weeks as castor oil only softens your cervix to make it easier for you. Good Luck.Caster oil? thinking about doing it today..good idea or bad?
BAD IDEA! lol my doc told me to try it, so i dont think it is harmful to the baby. she said it works when you are ready.





i did it, and omg! it was terrible! i had EXTREME DIAREAH all night long! i mean i literally used every piece of toilet paper in the freaking house it was terrible! lol if i was you i would wait.





congrats!
with my son i was told not to by my ob becuse it could cause baby to have a bowel movement inutero....i.e. meconium. (this is what i was told by my ob...of course there is no real way to lnow if it is true, this too she told me but why take the chance... i didn't even ask about castor oil.....it wasn't something i thought to try, she was very against its use)





it can make you sick as hell and do nothing....and most of the time it is taken inproperly.





talk to your ob before trying castor oil!
If you do it - get odorless, tasteless (available at walmart) and put in with 2 scrambled eggs. (use ONLY 2T)





My doc recommended this and said I would be in labor in 4 hours. He said the key is the odorless and tasteless - or else it will upset your stomach. One plate of this recipe is all you need.





Worked both times I tried, #2 and #3 births.... at the hospital in 4 hours.
Very bad - I have heard so many horror stories about the horrendous stomach pain you get if you take castor oil. You're going to have enough pain with labour without stomach upset too. Oh and apparently it makes you more likely to poo when pushing. That put me off too!
it is not good to due it and it is not good for the baby as mostly it gives you the poopies and can dehydrate you pretty bad and if it don't work and you become dehydrated then you will be in the hospital with no baby cause it will not be readdy to come and a iv
Very bad idea, I know of a few people that used it to bring on labour. It seems harmless but can lead to serious problems, contact your doctor and he/she can fill you in on the details, as I do not want to give you any ideas, sorry.
I've read that this can cause severe dehydration because it just causes diarrhea instead of real contractions. So, I have stayed away from it for other methods like sex, walking, pineapple. Believe me though, I understand your desire to get the baby out. I am in the same position.
bad idea!!! 45 minutes start to finish and never even made it to the hospital. i have delivered 3 kids,only took the oil with my third ,and felt it was the MOST painfull of the three deliveries. i would never recommend it to anyone
I know some one who did this. It worked, but it made her baby pass his meconium in the womb and he aspirated some, had to be in the hospital for a couple extra days. He's fine now, but why risk it? Your baby will come when he/she's ready.
Its not such a good idea.


2 of my babys pooped before birth. It can be scary.


I didn't use castor oil. But use of castor oil can increase the risk of the baby pooping before birth.
It depends... Do you want to spend your whole day on the porcelain god?? Because that's all that happens when you take it. I think it's a mere coincidence when women go into labor after the oil... Your choice Hun! :)
My MIL tried this with my husband, he had a bowel movement while in the womb %26amp; he almost didn't make it. I just don't think it's worth the risks.
BAD,BAD IDEA.
Bad idea. Look up safe ways to induce, but not till ur 40 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment