Monday, August 23, 2010

A rock rolled under my car yesterday, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?

I need help bad. Yesterday a rock fell off of a big truck and I couldn't help but drive over it. It seemed like everything was fine. Until I started hearing a noise that sounded like maybe there wasn't any oil in the car. This morning the ground below my car was full of oil. I put a pint of oil into the car and moved it into another parking space and waited a while. The ground was again covered with oil. I'm terrified to drive it because the car will not hold any oil. I drive a 2002 Kia Spectra and I hope I can get this fixed without going to the dealer. Does anyone have any suggestions of what they think it may be. Please if you can help it would be wonderful.A rock rolled under my car yesterday, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?
DO NOT START THE MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!! You will cause a lot more expensive damage than you have now.


You most likely have a crack or hole in the oil pan. It could also have a hole in the oil filter, but I doubt you are that lucky.


You need to have the car TOWED to a mechanic. DO NOT DRIVE IT!!!!!!


A mechanic should be able to replace the oil pan or have the old one welded.A rock rolled under my car yesterday, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?
Most likely you have a hole in your oil pan (rocks do that sometimes). You can go to your local auto parts shop and buy a new oil pan and have it installed, or install it yourself if you think you can handle it, or you can attempt to weld the hole shut with a binary compound such as JB Weld. One way or another you will have to either patch or replace the pan.
yes, you poked a hole in your oil pan.


taking it to a decent shop in your area will save over dealer


cost's. it's not that bad, don't lose hope!


if the hole is small, try some sandpaper %26amp; mixable sealant


to cover the area.
Sounds like the rock knocked a hole in your oil pan. Unless you want to have to pay for a new engine, I suggest having it towed to the dealership and have them deal with it. May be costly, sorry.
there is either a hole in the oill filter or the oil pan i recomend someone that has a higher knowlege of cars to come and check it out a car without any oil is;nt going to lasy very long

No comments:

Post a Comment