Wednesday, August 18, 2010

With today's gas prices, would you be willing to boycott the oil companies for 3 days by not buying gas?

Any ideas on how to make a 3 day boycott a national thing?? Let's stick it to THEM (the oil companies) for a change!!!With today's gas prices, would you be willing to boycott the oil companies for 3 days by not buying gas?
We should just ban Exxon, Mobile, Shell, and that will force them to lower prices. I guarantee you if no body buys gas from these guys they'll get a clue. This will force the market to react accordingly. Lets do it.With today's gas prices, would you be willing to boycott the oil companies for 3 days by not buying gas?
It's not all the middle east's problem, the oil companies are mainly to blame. Report Abuse

Spacing my gas purchases around a 3-day boycott is not going to be noticed. The gas is still being consumed.


Are you wanting to call for a national strike, where people do not drive? That would be effective. People will not do that, though.


I was around during the last gas price rise. The truckers will be the ones to strike first, as the fuel prices start to eat into their abiilty to make a profit.
I fill up my tank once every three weeks, so I could boycott for 3 days as long as the three days didn't fall at some time during the end of my three week run. :p
Three days won't make a difference, but, yeah, I'd totally be down for it after I fill up. As of now, I couldn't make it three more days on what I have.
Do you honestly think that this would send a message? You'll still need gas, and they'll still make money off of you.





When you have a workable plan for a month long boycott, let us know.
I don't think that 3 days is long enough and eventually we will buy gas again 'cause we need it is a necessity of life!
Id be willing to, but in the long run, do you think it would really have any effect? I mean, here in America, we are greedy when it comes to gas...everyone wants tto drive their own cars.





So, we got 250 million people, some who buy gas on Mondays, some on Tuesdays and some on Fridays. If everyone boycotts for three days, then on the fourth, the only thing youre gonna have is HUGE LINES at every gas station in town! Everyone will still buy the same amount of gas, so in the long run, the companies wont feel a thing - all those Monday, Tuesday and Friday shoppers just bought gas on Thursday instead! Know what I mean?!?!?
That would be incredibly hard to pull. People have priorities like work or school. I would boycott for three days but honestly, I'd make sure I had enough gas to do it!!!
it's not the fault of the oil companies...they don't set the prices.....it's a result of the cost that the oil producing countries charge america, and because of what's going on in the middle east oil prices are higher
Will be glad to! It wouldn't affect me that much because I only put gas once a week, but to make the point I'll go for two weeks without putting gas!

No comments:

Post a Comment