Monday, August 23, 2010

A rock rolled under my car, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?

I need help bad. Yesterday a rock fell off of a big truck and I couldn't help but drive over it. It seemed like everything was fine. Until I started hearing a noise that sounded like maybe there wasn't any oil in the car. This morning the ground below my car was full of oil. I put a pint of oil into the car and moved it into another parking space and waited a while. The ground was again covered with oil. I'm terrified to drive it because the car will not hold any oil. I drive a 2002 Kia Spectra and I hope I can get this fixed without going to the dealer. Does anyone have any suggestions of what they think it may be. Please if you can help it would be wonderful.A rock rolled under my car, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?
DO NOT drive your vehicle another foot!!! The rock has obviously put a hole in your oil pan. I'm sorry to say this, but you'll have to have your car towed to either a shop or the dealership to have it replaced. You might want to talk to your insurance broker to see if you can submit a claim to have it paid. If you even start your engine with this problem, you WILL ruin it within MINUTES!!!A rock rolled under my car, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?
hole in the oil pan. you can replace it or jb weld it.
Surely you realize that you have knocked a hole in your oil pan. You will have to have a new one. And YES. do NOT drive the car. It will tear up your engine which will cost a WHOLE LOT more than an oil pan. Good Luck.
Get down on your hands and knees and look at the oil pan. You should be able to see where the oil is leaking out, just after you add a little oil. Some people try to install an oil plug in the leaking hole. Welding seldom works well for long. Best is to go buy a new (or used) oil pan for your KIA ASAP. Do not drive the car without oil and oil pressure.
Cracked your oil pan probably. You likely have to replace it
What sort of oil? Was it engine oil? If it was, I think there's a leak underneath your engine - but the only way to find out is to jack up your car and having a look.





By the way, YOU WILL HAVE to go to a local garage to get this fix - this ain't something a little tape can fix...
sounds like you busted a hole in your oil pan. Or maybe the seal or a hose. The best thing to do is put oil in it and crawl under there and see where the oil is coming from. You may need to start the engine. Be rally careful.
  • lipstick color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment