Monday, August 23, 2010

A rock rolled under my car yesterday, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?

I need help bad. Yesterday a rock fell off of a big truck and I couldn't help but drive over it. It seemed like everything was fine. Until I started hearing a noise that sounded like maybe there wasn't any oil in the car. This morning the ground below my car was full of oil. I put a pint of oil into the car and moved it into another parking space and waited a while. The ground was again covered with oil. I'm terrified to drive it because the car will not hold any oil. I drive a 2002 Kia Spectra and I hope I can get this fixed without going to the dealer. Does anyone have any suggestions of what they think it may be. Please if you can help it would be wonderful.A rock rolled under my car yesterday, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?
you should not start or drive the car have it towed to a shop and call your insurance company. This should be covered under most auto collision policys. It sounds like your oil pan or filter got punctured if its coming out that fast.A rock rolled under my car yesterday, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?
Need to get a new oil pan, or maybe the oilf filter got hit. Need to inspect the bottom of the car to make sure where the leak, or hole is. I'd guess oil pan. To repair, would have to remove it, and maybe get the crack welded, or get a new pan. Depends on prices and such. Good luck.
oil pan is toast bring to shop for repairs
Sounds like a hole in the oil pan. Can fix it if you are mechanically inclined; better to get to a mechanic
You need to look at your oil pan. You have to get that from dealer or junk yard. Should be easy to see. It will be underneath and have a hole in it.
check the oil filter first for a hole and if it's ok your looking at a hole in your oil pan, don't drive the car if thats the case, have it towed to the dealer as they will have to put a new oil pan on it and sometimes they have to raise the motor to do that, if you have AAA call them to tow it.
Dont drive get it towed to a garage or dealer soon.
If you want to or have to do it yourself then make sure it is the oil pan that has the leak . If it is then you need 3 things . (1) rags to clean the oil pan . (2) a good cleaner that will take off the oil from the pan . (3) JB WELD . clean the pan making sure all dirt and oil are far away from the hole . Mix enough jb weld to cover the hole and seal it well . Don't pack in in the hole just make sure it is covered well .You may want to let it dry and cover it again . It will take a full 24hours to dry but it will work for now . This is a quick fix you need to replace the pan but it will get you back on the road . Good luck
you got a hole in your oil pan it might be easy and cheap to fix even if you did have a mechanic do it look under the car and see the big square looking thing well t5hat needs to come off you'll be able to tell how difficult it'll be just by looking and either try it yoursel or find out how much someone will charge you

No comments:

Post a Comment