Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have a 95 Dodge Status and my car quick on me today and the oil light came on. After the tow truck dropped?

my car off, I checked my oil and it is dry. Is this why my car quit? Also, I recently had the oil changed and they put 4.25 qts of oil in my car. I have no leaks and all my belts for fine. I also had a tune up done 2 weeks ago.I have a 95 Dodge Status and my car quick on me today and the oil light came on. After the tow truck dropped?
Oil works the same way your KY jelly does - it lubricates and cools


.


Girl you know what be happenin' when you don'ts get no KY tween you and yo man, it causes friction and dat can be painful. Your engine is the same way. With all dat friction da engine builds up heat and just like all of us reaches a point it cain't take no mo and just like momma sez if you cain't take da heat get the hell out the kitchen and that's what parts of da engine do when they get all heated, they bail the hell out of da area dey sposed to be in or get swolled up and start pop lockin till dey all lock and no pop.





So where da hell da engine oil at? My guess would be your piston rings lost dey bling and let da oil burn in the cylinder, so even doh you gots no leaks you burnin da oil in the fire of da cylinder and blowin it out yo exhaust, girl it's time to get dat car an overhaul.





4.25 qts of oil is fine fo a 6 cylinder even 8 cylinders usually take 4 qts. All cylinders share the same oil. Don't be trippin on yo service peeps cuz yo oil is vanished. If yo cah has over 250,000 miles on it it's probably due for an overhaul (which means it needs new piston rings) Have yo mans or a shop check compression on yo cylindersI have a 95 Dodge Status and my car quick on me today and the oil light came on. After the tow truck dropped?
Hey Sassy Girl! I had a very similar thing happen to me years ago.........and had also just had an oil change. Cars never USE that much oil. Unless something major wrong.


My oil light had came on. I was about 5 miles from the gas station and figured I would check it there. My oil light had not stayed on. I drove a short ways and my car quit. What I found out was, that the dumb *** that changed my oil did not get the plug in tight and it simply fell out. A friend of my dads was the culprit so not much could be done. And I loved my little car!!
Hello,





First of all, check your oil dipstick to see if there is still oil in the car. If the oil level is OK, then your engine should be O.K. When any car quits on you, or the engine dies while the keys are still on the ON position you will get the oil light, and a couple of others (seat belt light, ABS, etc.) These are a normal part of your start-up sequence of your car. That's why when your engine just dies these just tend to come on as if you were starting your car. The car's computer is doing that and it may just be a false alarm. However, if your oil dipstick is dry as a desert then your engine might be toast. My gut tells me that you have an electrical problem of some sort because if you lost that much oil in a very short amount of time you would've noticed an oil spill or some other indication that would've caught your attention earlier. Check the battery if the car just doesn't want to start. Could you provide more symptoms of whats going on w/ the car? Does it try to crank over??
Get some oil and fill your engine back up to the full line (on the oil stick) then try to start your engine! Low oil will cause a car to stop running!
did they forget to put oil back in when they changed it? put oil in and see if it starts
your engine is rooted. rebuild it or replace it, the lack of oil is the cause of this it may not leak externally, but it may be leaking internally. do you check your oil regularly? (sounds like not)


people like you need to do a basic auto maintainance course before you cost yourself bulk dollars due to your lack of mechanical sympathy and stupidity

No comments:

Post a Comment