Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hi, i am 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant today. I was wondering where you buy castor oil, and if it works?

I have been uncomrfotable for a while now with back aches and not being able to breath. I'm only 4';11 and this pregnancy has been taking its toll on me. My doctor suggested that since im to term already i should try some old methods of ';assisting'; myself into labor. She said since the babys already pretty big , i shoouldnt worry about that. When she mentioned castor oil , i was a little hesitant at 1st because why would you want to torture yourself liek that? , but now im willing to try anything!! so please if you've used it or now where to buy it , please help.


thankyou!Hi, i am 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant today. I was wondering where you buy castor oil, and if it works?
You can buy it at any pharmacy or even wal-mart. You should know before taking it that it DOES cross the placenta and often causes baby to pass stool in the womb. This is called meconium and is life-threatening to the baby if it is inhaled.Hi, i am 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant today. I was wondering where you buy castor oil, and if it works?
I vote no on the Castor Oil. Just be patient and try to walk as much as you can. Best of luck.
I'am 4';11 also and felt the same way you do. I tried castor oil and it did not work it made me very sick though I was throwing up and more miserable. I think that is just an old wise tail. One thing that does work though is walking.I know you are probably already tired but it really does work.If you want to try it anyway you can get it at your local drugstore.
At the supermarket or pharmacy...Never personally tried it but i doulbt it works.....
I bought it at walmart in the laxitive section..it didnt work at 40 weeks! I threw it up and it made my stomach hurt. If it does make you sick it is hard to actually throw up because it is so heavy and kind of gets ';stuck'; in your throat.


I also used sex to try and induce it, that didnt work either, spicey food didnt work, walking didnt work, I tried everything! My daughter ended up coming at 42 weeks and by that time I was ready to die. If you are that uncomfortable and you try these things and they dont work I would talk to your doctor about inducing you.
At Walmart or herbal stores.
Unless you want to throw up cause Castor oil is not very good. I wanted to do it too, but seriously, its not good. Just have sex, that's the best way to open up the cervix and get that Lil baby of your out of your stomach and into your lives. Try it, and good luck!!!
You can buy it at wal-mart, cvs, any drug store. when I was pregnant I tried that and it didn't work for me.
you really shouldn't use that ..... if something bad happens due to using it ~ you can be held responsible


instead try.....


having sex (you must lay there after wards and allow the sperm to work their magic)


eat something really spicy


or go for a good walk


(these things can work if your body is truly ready)


...good luck, best wishes, and CONGRATS!
Castor Oil DOES NOT WORK. It will give you horrible diarrhea or make you vomit. It is scientifically debunked as a way to self induce pregnancy


If you are looking for some other way, try walking or having sex


DO NOT USE CASTOR OIL
I took Castor oil (I found it at the grocery store, I'm sure a drug store would have it too) when I was pregnant 10 years ago. It was horrible. I just pooped for 3 days on top of my pre labor pains. It may have induced a labor, but it ended up being a 56 hour labor. I can't guarantee that it was the Castor oil that caused that issue, but it sure didn't help.





My mother took Castor oil with each one of my 4 older siblings. She went into labor 3 weeks early just after taking it. With me she tried 3 weeks early and nothing happened...not even a bowel movement. She tried again a week later...again, nothing. A week later I came right along on my due date.





They say sex induces labor, and spicy foods. I'd try things like that first. Only use the Castor oil as a last resort. (I've heard enemas do it, this would be a last resort for me as well, but I'd try it before the Castor oil.)





Did your Dr. strip your membranes? If he wants to help induce labor that would have helped.





I searched ';inducing labor at home'; and found a few ideas:





http://en.allexperts.com/q/ObGyn-Pregnan鈥?/a>





http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/inducin鈥?/a>





They all keep saying nipple stimulation and sex! (I know that part is difficult when you're so big, but if you lay in the bed regular and your hubby lays across the bed--you figure out the rest--it a little less uncomfortable, I'm sure you can find websites that will help find other positions.)





Good Luck, and Enjoy!
No no no, do not get castor oil!! All it does is give you diarrhea really bad and when you do go into labor you will be pooping all over the table! It is messy. I work on a maternity floor and recently this woman drank castor oil to get labor started she ended up having diarrhea 14 times in less than 4 hours and couldn't tell if she was having cramping or labor so she came in to get checked out. Turned out her baby was having fetal distress and she had a c-section! She was not happy.





Your baby will come when he/she is ready just be patient and enjoy these last moments of your baby being inside of you. Good luck!
I'm only 5' and my daughter was 11 days over her due date i tried the castor oil it tastes disgusting and the only thing it did for me was made me vomit for a couple of hours, try talking to your doctor about being induced its the only thing that worked for me
My daughter tried this at 37 weeks it got her dialated and in labor. Although it tasted horrible and made her gag.. You can purchase it at Walmart. But I would try a relaxing bath and walking first.
go to cvs or your local drug store, my grandma and her sisters swear it works, they all took it back in the day. she tried to give it to me when i was pregnant with my 1st baby but i refused, i didn't want to be crapping all over the place when i went to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment