Monday, August 23, 2010

A rock rolled under my car yesterday, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?

I need help bad. Yesterday a rock fell off of a big truck and I couldn't help but drive over it. It seemed like everything was fine. Until I started hearing a noise that sounded like maybe there wasn't any oil in the car. This morning the ground below my car was full of oil. I put a pint of oil into the car and moved it into another parking space and waited a while. The ground was again covered with oil. I'm terrified to drive it because the car will not hold any oil. I drive a 2002 Kia Spectra and I hope I can get this fixed without going to the dealer. Does anyone have any suggestions of what they think it may be. Please if you can help it would be wonderful.A rock rolled under my car yesterday, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?
The only way you are going to get this fixed is to have it towed to your mechanic and the oil pan replaced, because the rock made a hole in the pan. If you drive it with low or no oil you will have to replace the engine. Sorry, but that is the only answer given your circumstances.A rock rolled under my car yesterday, today my car will not hold oil at all. Please help.?
Oklatom is right on the money. It may cost you $50 for a new oil pan, and another $50 or so for labor, unless you do it yourself. You can jack your car up, drain the oil out (take off the plug), and replace the pan.





If you decide to drive it, all the oil will get pumped out, and in short order your engine will seize. Then instead of $100 it will cost at least $1000.

No comments:

Post a Comment