Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oil pressure Gage was low yesterday normal today ?

Yesterday while driving I heard a pop and my oil pressure gauge went from 40 to about 20 ...there was no knocking and the engine sounds the same as it always has today the pressure gauge was back up to 40 any one have any ideas ? This is on an 93 chevy s-10 blazerOil pressure Gage was low yesterday normal today ?
A temporarily clogged oil filter or intermittent oil pump is likely the cause.


If you can, I would suggest pulling the oil pan and check the oil for F.O. ( foreign objects). Such as oil clumped together, metal flakes and or water. Pull the filter off of the pump and clean it with Diesel or any Crab-Cleaner, if it looks like it needs it.Oil pressure Gage was low yesterday normal today ?
Any time you hear a pop it isn't a good sign. Go to a car shop and ask them. Also, if your check engine light is on, I would go. After like, five hours, I would check my actual oil level.
Might be wanting to check for antifreeze in the oil. Will look kind of like a thick chocolate milkshake on the dipstick.
THE OIL FAIRY CHANGED AND TOPPED OFF YOUR OIL LAST NIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment