Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Oil hit $140/barrel today. Anyone care to guess how high gas will go by the end of June??

I'll bet it hits $7.00 a gallon.Oil hit $140/barrel today. Anyone care to guess how high gas will go by the end of June??
Currently, gasoline delivery contracts to wholesalers for July is trading at $3.54 per gallon on the NYMEX exchange. June delivery last month was trading around $3.24 per gallon.





So by the end of this month/beginning of July, gas prices will probably climb another 30 cents or so per gallon at the pump.





Basically gasoline has about a one-month lag behind crude prices because the gasoline refined from the crude oil is traded on the mercantile exchange on monthly delivery contracts.





So if crude oil hits $150 per barrel by the end of June, we will see gasoline hit around $5 per gallon come end of July.Oil hit $140/barrel today. Anyone care to guess how high gas will go by the end of June??
I am afraid to guess. I never thought I would pay $5.10 a gallon like I did today.





When I read about how filthy rich the Arabs are and Oil Company Executives it's enough to make me want to invade a country...wait, too late. We already did.





I also read someplace that the ';Rich Dad/Poor Dad'; investment guy buys petrolium low and sells high. So he is also part of the reason why it is so high.
Gas prices have been pretty steady at around 3.95 around here for the past two weeks in the D.C. area. I would guess prices would rise to about 4.25 by the end of the month.
Right on schedule for 150, but expect a bumpy ride along the way.





This is a good time to examine getting an electric bike if you commute by car presently.
right now there saying $150 a barrell by July 4th but I think it will be higher than that by then, just wait until hurricane season kicks in!.
4.30ish eom. anyone reading this should invest in BQI.
$155.


$170 by the end of August.
4.66
150

No comments:

Post a Comment