Friday, July 30, 2010

My car died today and I think it was the oil.?

I had my car in to be inspected about a week ago. The lady said to me that the oil was dirty and needed to be changed but I had time. If the car was nearly out of oil would they have told me that? My car died today and it looks like I was out of oil !!! What do I do? The gage was low but never any where near zero.My car died today and I think it was the oil.?
Only the engine oil dipstick can be used to check the engine oil level. The car must be parked on a level spot. As long as you didn't have to add more than 2 1/2 quarts of oil, I think your engine will be ok, but never let your oil run low again by checking the dipstick every other fuel fill up.My car died today and I think it was the oil.?
generally speaking, if the oil is in the cross hatched (or between the holes) area you would be okay, if the oil level is in the low operating range it should start, unless you are not getting oil pressure. In that case it will not start on purpose, to keep you from destroying your engine. If it was dry, look under the car for oil leaks, and if it was smoking before, that would indicate bad valve seals, bad valves, or bad rings (no compression). If it ran normally before this, I would suspect something besides the oil level first.
if it was low and died, then rebuild or replace time! They don't run very good very long with out it, it's like blood for us! No they would not have told you that that is your responsibility. I did not get 249,000 miles by ignoring mine!
If you have no oil in your car and it died, then you need to replace the engine. You probably locked up the motor. Not their fault you have not properly maintained your vehicle.
yea they probable wold have told you put some oil in if it runs your good if not you probable blew up your motor from not having enough oil but its probable your gas or spark if it not the oil
did the engine seize up,if so, then where did the oil go?

No comments:

Post a Comment