Monday, July 26, 2010

Today I used baby oil to try to get rid of my baby's cradle cap but it didn't work?

She has a lot of hair could that be why?Today I used baby oil to try to get rid of my baby's cradle cap but it didn't work?
cradle cap is a normal thing with new born babies. This is a suggestion, but you have to be very careful of the soft spot on their little head, ok? when you have them in their tubby, lather baby shampoo on their scalp just like you would yours, ok? Now, gently massage their scalp and rinse., dry your baby, and take their little comb and gently, very gently work the comb back %26amp; forth across their scalp, working the skin loose and gently combing the loose cradle skin out. Don't try to remove it all at once, it will take a couple or 3 times to remove it all. You don't want to make their little head raw, ok?? Just be very very gentle with them, with thick hair it may take several times, but when its all gone their little scalp will smell so sweet, and they will be so healthy, Good luck, Mommie!!!!Today I used baby oil to try to get rid of my baby's cradle cap but it didn't work?
Baby oil will work, just takes a while. Apply and leave i for a wee while then brush through.





Olive oil works as well.
dandruff shampoo
Cradle cap usually won't go away in just one treatment. I used Dove Moisturizing Body Wash. It's gentle and not as messy as oils. My pediatrician told me to use a dandruff shampoo like Head and Shoulders when my daughter had cradle cap so I did and it was gone during the bath but always came back by morning. She had cradle cap until she was about 1 year old. My husband's cousin told me to try Dove bar soap on our son. I already had the Dove Moisturizing Body Wash so I tried that. My son's cradle cap cleared up within a couple of weeks using that. Good luck!
My daughter had it bad when she was born. I would leave the baby oil on her head for 15 min then id take a comb and start combing it out. It took me several times(not the same day) but like once a day,and it eventually cleared up.
i am a doc and i suggest that u see a paediatrician for this ,are u sure its cradlke cap .do you know what cradle cap is


its an eczematous condition called seborrhic dematitis.


brush ur child's hair frequently , dont brush too hard it might get infected


shampoo it every day to start with for one week then every altermate day . massage baby oil before each bath . the idea is to keep it clean and moisturised but not overly oily or dry


if this doesnt work ,there is a medication for this which i will not recommend now before u show the child to a paediat.
Baby Oil will do the trick. It will take a few days. Try to apply the baby oil about 15 min. before bath time and then gentle rub your babies head with your finger tips or a wash cloth. Cradle cap is nothing but a build up of soap and shampoo. It needs time to soften. It is easy to get rid of and when you do make sure that you rinse her hair with fresh clean water. Also you do not need to shampoo your babies hair daily, just a good wetting at bath time with clean water is OK. Shampoo will remove her natural hair oils and this is not recommended even for adults. Good luck......
Do you have a soft baby hair brush? I use baby oil (or the Gerber ';Gentle Naturals'; cradle cap product). Once I put it on my daughter's head, I brush a little with the hair brush and most of it comes off. Then I have to wash her hair a few times to get all the oil out.
I think you need to KEEP using it. Skin doesn't just magically instantly heal.
it takes time it is not a one time fix, continue using the baby oil until the cradle cap is gone. and then oil your babies head periodically so it doesnt return. this works
The baby oil does work over time, but to make a little more progress, there is a lotion for VERY dry hands. Try using that.





Cradle cap is a benign condition of the scalp occurring in infants that involves scaling and some redness. It generally is not a part of any illness syndrome and does not imply that a baby is not being well cared for.





The best way to treat the condition involves the daily use of a baby shampoo applied with a soft toothbrush to cleanse and loosen the scales. If after a week or so there is no improvement and there are no other signs of illness, your doctor may prescribe a medicated shampoo that is usually used for the treatment of a fungus. Keep in mind, however, that cradle cap is not an infection of any kind.
The baby gets a sort of infant dandruff, which is caused by overactive oil glands on the scalp and face, and the condition sometimes also affects necks, ears and even armpits. You cud increase the cradle cap by applying more oil to it!


You cud chk with ur doc first.


I used head and shoulders on my baby's head and it was gone in a week!


You cud also use Gerber Cradle cap kit... or some even prefer adding Vitamin E. To be sure as ur doc.
If you have a babiesrus or a toysrus near you, they have a kit that takes care of cradle cap.
my son had cradle cap and i tried the stuff the doctor gave me, but it didn't work. you might try baby oil in a spray bottle, it works great. you use your fingers to part the hair and spray the oil then part again in another spot then spray again. rub in then give it about 15 minutes then run a comb through lightly scraping her scalp. this will help loosen and remove the scales. when you wash her hair mix, in your hand, lotion (cetaphil is the best and walmart does have an equate brand) with her baby shampoo. when applying this mixture lightly scratch her scalp. when the scalp is wet it is easier to loosen the scales. it could take a few weeks to really show a difference. i also once a week would rub baby oil on my sons scalp and leave it over night. this is everything my doctor told me to do when the stuff she gave me wouldn't work. you might also try johnson's creamy moisturizing oil, it's in a large pump bottle where you would find lotion for adults (the cetaphil or cetaphil equate is also in that section). the creamy oil is the only thing that works on my sons dry skin on his body. you might also try baby oil gel, it's a little easier to handle. check with your pediatrition before trying this.
Just go to the store and buy the cradle cap for babies it will work
My nephew had cradle cap very badly. My sister washed his hair in head and shoulders and she used mineral oil on it. She also took a baby comb and combed through it but do not scratch. Are u sure that it is cradle cap or could it be excema in the scalp?

No comments:

Post a Comment